When stepping foot into the oral hygiene aisle at the drugstore, our doctors at Advantage Dentistry understand that the selections of toothpaste can be overwhelming. Should you go for tartar control, fluoride, sensitive or whitening toothpaste? When it comes to choosing the toothpaste that is best for you, it’s important to consider your unique oral health needs. Here are some options to consider while browsing:
- Anti-cavity: This type of toothpaste contains fluoride. Fluoride plays an active role in preventing decay, and it actively strengthens tooth enamel.
- Anti-gingivitis: If you spit blood in the sink, this is an early sign of gingivitis, a mild form of gum disease. Anti-gingivitis toothpaste helps reduce oral bacteria and can be very effective at stopping gingivitis in its tracks.
- Desensitizing: If you’ve ever bit into an ice cream cone and felt a sharp pain in your tooth’s nerve, this type of toothpaste will provide relief by blocking the tooth’s pain signal to the nerve.
- Tartar-control: This toothpaste does exact what it says, however, the best way to remove tartar is by scheduling a professional dental cleaning with one of our doctors.
- Whitening: This toothpaste contains chemicals that are able to help maintain the natural color of your teeth.
If you have questions regarding oral hygiene, please give us a call. To learn more about the services we provide at our practice, visit www.advantagedentistry.com for more information. To schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at Advantage Dentistry in Kenmore, NY, call 716-877-2275.