Brushing your teeth is an important part of your dental care routine and our staff at Advantage Dentistry wants to make sure you are doing the job properly. While there are several methods of brushing teeth with a manual toothbrush, an electric toothbrush may be a little bit more effective depending on the severity of build-up on your teeth. Both types of toothbrushes work equally well, however, it all depends on how frequently you use them.
Using the correct techniques for twice-daily tooth brushing will help promote oral health for the long term. Keep these techniques in mind when you brush your teeth:
- Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Move the brush back-and-forth gently in short strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inside surfaces and the chewing surfaces of all teeth.
- To clean the inside surface of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
If you have questions about oral hygiene give us a call or visit www.advantagedentistry.com for more information. To schedule an appointment with one of our dentists at Advantage Dentistry in Kenmore, NY, call 716-877-2275.